Monday 2 August 2010

I found a place to stay at!

I call house #2  to let them know that I would like to move in and house #1 and #4 to turn them down, which was hard from the social point of view but fairly easy from the financial one. And yes!! I'm so glad that house #2 want me, too! This makes my day.At the same time it is my first day at work for the Bell teacher campus. I'd say this is definitely the next stage I've gotten onto here in various respects. One colleague of mine has offered me this job and I work together with him and the team. I recognise a few people who I met in '06, so I already feel very much being back "home" :).
Now this is the day where all new arrivals come in for the next two week course. Sometimes it gets a bit hectic, but basically my job is to give just below 200 teachers in total a friendly smile after their stressful journey.
Welcome to the Bell Teacher Campus! How was your trip? May I give you your welcome package, Sir? There will be an induction tomorrow at 9 am in the auditorium. Would you proceed to the porters over there, please? This is where you are going to receive your room keys if you live on site. Please feel free to ask any questions at any time...

I guess it would be impersonal if Bell had recorded this message and played it from tape, right? This goes on until 10pm, then I go straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment