Monday 16 May 2011

London calling to the faraway towns; A nuclear error, but I have no fear; London is drowning-and I live by the river


I hop on the train to London. Again. Please click on London Calling for further information. I haven't been to Manchester yet, neither have I been to Liverpool. I really want to visit Jonny and Alessia, and don't care about sightseeing. When I get to London Jonny meets me in front of the Dominion theatre.

Dominon Theatre at Tottenham Court Road

We are having some Mexican food and once again I realise that people in London are – to some extent - displaced people. They don't belong and this is what I find slightly scary about this huge place.

It is 4pm and we accommodate ourselves in a nice pub that has Austrian style beer on tap. It has been one and a half years since Jonny and I last saw each other, but it does not feel that long. I then arrange to meet with Alessia at a pub called 'Barrel Boy and Banker' near London Bridge. This is us in front of it:

Jonny, Alan, Alessia, me (right to left)

The next day, I soak up the atmosphere of Camden Town Market and spend the last few hours wandering among stands, tourists and other weird folk. Great mini holidays. Thank you big, smelly and mysterious London.


No comments:

Post a Comment